Hairstyles For Thick Natural Curly Hair – Cropped hair is perfect for achieving a perfect summer curl look or a cute winter protective style, but taking care of cropped hair between styles can be difficult and intimidating. Worrying about tangles, breakage, and knots can completely ruin what started out as a relaxing wash day, leaving you frustrated and neglecting your hair.
Fortunately, caring for hot hair is no longer scary and time-consuming. Knowing your hair type and how it reacts to humidity, manipulation and weather conditions can cut your hair care time in half and lead to enjoyable wash days without tears or dreads.
Hairstyles For Thick Natural Curly Hair
1. Keep hair moist. Moisture is the holy grail when it comes to washing thick hair. Your favorite conditioner and water mixed with aloe vera juice is a great combination and is safe to use every day. When you need to blend, comb or quickly twist your hair. Natural hair loves moisture, and the thicker the hair, the more moisture it needs to maintain moisture.
How To Refresh Curly Hair Between Wash Days, According To A Hairstylist
2. Turn off the humidity. Castor oil, vegetable glycerin and linseed gel, to name a few, are great for keeping moisture in the hair for a long time. Moisturizers like these absorb moisture, promote hydration, and make detangling and styling easier.
3. Keep hair long. Keeping hair curled and voluminous makes it easier to wash and style. Hair is less likely to get tangled and therefore less prone to breakage. Hair extensions using curls or the pineapple method work well for flowing styles.
4. Choose safety styles. A low-wash protective style works well with all hair types. Leaving hair in one style for a week or two allows the strand to relax and retain moisture. This is especially true during the harsh winter and summer months, as hot and cold conditions make hair more prone to dryness and breakage.
Curly Hair Types Chart: How To Find Your Curl Pattern
5. Try not to stress. Thick hair should not be stressed, and remember that the more stressed you are, the more prone your hair is to breakage and thinning. Try using hair products that contain lavender or jasmine before bed, as these are natural stress-relieving scents that help you relax.
If you treat your hair with love and care about how it reacts, caring for your hair becomes a less stressful and more enjoyable routine. It takes time to learn how your hair works, so be patient and embrace the journey of having beautiful natural hair!
Brittany is the founder of New York’s LiVEDNDY – the ultimate empowerment and lifestyle brand for the smart woman who dares to be bold! It is their job to push women beyond predictable expectations, to encourage them to live shame-free and take ownership of their lives!
Curly Hair Teased Voluminous Hairstyle Tutorial
Kasla hasn’t been on the scene for long, but her great style and great personality are already turning heads on Instagram and Tumblr….
Best hairstyles for curly thick hair, hairstyles for short thick natural curly hair, hairstyles for curly wavy thick hair, mens hairstyles for thick coarse curly hair, hairstyles for thick curly long hair, hairstyles for thick coarse curly hair, hairstyles for short curly thick hair, short hairstyles for thick and curly hair, hairstyles for curly thick hair, hairstyles for very thick curly hair, mid length hairstyles for thick curly hair, short hairstyles for thick curly frizzy hair